Saturday, May 06, 2006

Slap in the face for the best US President ever

As a highly respected and tremendously experienced journalist, I was shocked to see one of our own showing such disrespect to the leader of the free world - President George W Bush.

I don't know why I should be so shocked, it's no surprise that the majority of journalists are freedom hating traitors determined to upset the status quo by pointing out unhelpful facts, however for it to be done in such a hurtful and blatant way simply beggers belief.

At the recent White House Correspondants Association annual dinner, Stephen Colbert delivered a twenty minute speech standing less than 5 feet away from President Bush where he cruelly lampooned our great leader and those around him. (Video here)

Here are some of the unfunny remarks

Wow! Wow, what an honor! The White House Correspondents' dinner. To actually -- to sit here at the same table with my hero, George W. Bush, to be this close to the man. I feel like I'm dreaming. Somebody pinch me. You know what? I'm a pretty sound sleeper; that may not be enough. Somebody shoot me in the face. Is he really not here tonight? Damn it! The one guy who could have helped.

Most of all, I believe in this president. Now, I know there are some polls out there saying that this man has a 32% approval rating. But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in "reality." And reality has a well-known liberal bias.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home