Sunday, June 04, 2006

Marconi and cheese

Haven't had the time to get someone to scratch me of late, what with the demands of my bi-weekly column and writing letters to my forum (might need to start doing that here given the complete reluctance of the unwashed masses - other than you, obviously dear reader - to visit my "blog" and come face to face with the inconvenient truths I am want to deliver).

Suffice to say, I'm feeling my talents are wasted in a solely print based medium and while I can't say much, things are in the wind - or should I say the waves. Stay tuned for coming developments. Let's just say I'm heading for Bigger things.

It behoves me to share a couple of quick observations of the events of the last weeks - the American Australian Association has extended the hand of friendship into our glorious PM with a proposal to establish a United States Study Centre at one of our leading Pro-US universities. Johnnyboy has lubricated the offer with a commitment of a paltry $25m - why, that's little more than $1 per Australian.

How can we pour good money after bad into that terrorist cell of anti-Americanism the ABC with it's oh so insular focus on Australian and British culture - indeed it's only token nod to our great imperial leaders is some crackpot revisionist documentary on the White House which denies the last 6 world shaping years of George W have even occurred. (What's it called again? The Left Wing?)

Australia is crying out to know more about our mysterious neighbours to the far NorthEast and only with a dedicated commitment to a properly resourced US Study Centre is this going to happen. I like the idea of a 10% tithe personally (on persons earning under $5m a year anyway)

At least the AAA will be holding the purse strings, nothing like corporate control of funds to produce reliable and unbiased research results.

As for Timor - got some great kicks in during the week - that'll serve the dirty brown bastards right for presuming that just because multi-billion dollar gas fields lie within their legal territorial boundaries they have a right to share the profit from the sweat and ingenuity of Australian business.

The nerve of it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home